Better than.Posted: November 9, 2012 | |
A small list of just a few things I believe are truly better than their less healthy versions.
1. Cookie dough bites by weelicious for goop. I’ve made these 4 times since GP posted this treat in October, a new family sweet treat favorite, sooooo easy and dairy free, gluten free, soy free!
2. The breakfast taco – Sautéed spinach, mushroom and grilled onion breakfast taco. The old egg, cheese, bacon stand-by is just boring in comparison. Even better my Whole Foods opened a taco bar and I can get this tasty delight made to order….every Whole Foods has a suggestion box – take advantage!
3. Chocolate milkshake from My New Roots – the dairy, sugar laden competition honestly does not do it for me any more. My own spin – instead of her 1/4 cup hemp seeds, I use 2 TBS almond butter and 1/2 avocado instead of a whole, using a whole avocado makes it too thick IMO.
“Raw Chocolate Milkshake Miracle
• ¼ cup hemp seeds (or use soaked almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds etc.)
• 2 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
• 1 Avocado
• 1 very large frozen banana (or 2 small)
• 2 Tbsp. raw honey, agave, or maple syrup
• dash sea salt
• ¾ – 1 cup water
• 4 ice cubes
1. Blend all the ingredients together; add water to thin if desired. It’s a thick one, folks!
And although the urge to chug may take over, don’t forget to “chew” your milkshake for better digestion! Very important.”
4. Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, someone recently offered me the Sarah Lee version……nasty. Slather on some almond butter and it’s one delightful treat.
5. Hummus Chips – Simply 7 Sea Salt is my preferred brand, kind of like a Funnion but not as scary and super fun to crunch. We add them to chili, salads, anything that benefits from some crunch. Boulder Canyon makes a good version too.
Happy (healthier) snacking and Happy Friday.