Am I the last to know?Posted: October 5, 2012
Full disclosure, I do not like manicures. I think they are:
1. Over priced
2. Over familiar
3. Over stimulating
When I think of relaxing here are the LAST things that come to mind:
- a room that smells of toxic chemicals
- chatty people disregarding the “no phones” sign
- a stranger clipping my cuticles (no matter how many times I say PLEASE don’t cut my cuticles)
That said, I find it really fun to put some color on my nails from time to time and, to borrow a term from the British, I am absolute rubbish at it. Enter the “color change”. I did not know about the color change option, basically they apply nail color and you are out of there, it’s cheap, it’s fast and it’s fun! I’m sure I’m the last to know about this fantastic option, but I want to document HOW I came about my knowledge of the color change.
You ready…….. I walked up to the girl at the counter and told her what I wanted. Yes, I asked for EXACTLY what I wanted and I got it. I plan to use this technique many, many times in the future for a variety of situations!
Since I’m getting a bit addicted to the fun with my fingernails, I went in search for a friendlier, less toxic nail product and found Butter.
Butter Nail Lacquer or polishes have none of the below:
- Formaldehyde – a human carcinogen
- Toluene – a nervous system toxin
- DBP – dibutyl phthalate (linked to fertility issues)
Sadly, most nail polishes DO contain all of the above, I’ll let you know about my experience with Butter.