Sick DayPosted: September 10, 2012
My family is currently in the midst of our “back to school” cold. We’ve experienced this phenomenon ever since having children, in my pre-mom days I cannot ever remember getting sick in September. And despite every superfood, probiotic, hand washing regimen I institute starting mid-August, here I am sneezing, aching, and sporting a runny nose in September. Usually I take one or two days and lay around feeling very sorry for myself knowing I’ll kick it with a couple days rest……and this time really hasn’t been an exception, to the point that I thought I’d share my ultimate sick day.
1. The sick day movie – I have a movie I only watch when I’m sick, I’m not really sure how it began but there it is. Mine is “Sliding Doors”, this is not a very good movie however it does have a bit of a make-over montage which might be a key ingredient to the sick day movie.
2. Soup – I love soup anyway but sick day soup is the best, thankfully my husband is a soup MASTER
3. You don’t feel good enough to do anything so it’s like a guilt-free lazy day, sane people can probably do this without the aid of a fever but not I
4. The sick day hankie – I use an old bandana to care for my runny nose, it is so much softer and kinder to your nose than toilet paper!
5. A chance to take stock of what I’m grateful for because I take my health, along with about 1,000 other things, for granted far too often.
6. Essential Oils – My mom got me hooked on these. Young Living Essential Oils has blends for lots of stuff, but for sick day purposes here are my crown jewels: Thieves (on my feet), Raven (on my chest) and R.C. (around my ears)
Drink lots of water, rest liberally and get well soon!